Tell me a bit about the essay you're writing for Unit #2.
- What is your topic? Why did you choose this particular topic?
- Who is your intended audience? Who are you trying to convince of your argument?
- What do you think is your strongest point of argument in your essay? Why is this point strong?
- Name at least one point that someone might use to argue AGAINST your strongest point.
In order to respond, please reply in the "comments" section of this blog. If you do not wish to create a blog account, be sure to include your name somewhere in the subject of your reply. If you don't include your name, I can't give you credit!
My topic is Southern's band is better than Jackson State's band because I know how a band is supposed to sound and look and because I love being around band.
ReplyDeleteMy intended audience is band heads and fans of Southern's band and Jackson State's band. I'm trying to convince the people that are always talking down on Southern's band.
My strongest point of the argument is the point about Southern'sfield show because it tells and shows how the field show is clearly better than Jackson State's field show.
The point that someone can make an argument against is the point that Southern's sound is better because a lot of people don't like how the band sounds and plays.
Keifer Sanders
ReplyDeleteMy topic is that my personality is better than anybody elses.This is my topic because it is easy to write about myself.
My intended audience is everybody and I am just convincing everybody of the person that I am.
My stongest point of arguement is that I am really chilled and laid back. Thisis my strongest point because everybody can tell by just watching the way I act.
The point that somebody can make an arguement is the point that I am honest because another person might not agree with that because they look at things in different ways.
Cameron Leonard
ReplyDeleteMy topic I'm writing about is about my little brother.
My intended audience is everyone that reads my essay. I want people to be interested in my paper.
My strong point of my argument I talk about how my brother is very smart and caring.
The point that someone can make an argument against is the point that my brother is more athletic than any other little brother..
Shayla Edwards
ReplyDeleteMy topic is about Swagg. I chose this topic because i truely believe I have one of the best swag
My audience is to everyone because everybody has swagg.I am trying to tell people that there swagg is pointless with and without certain things
My strong point is how I explain what swagg really is; How it is more then just what you wear.
The only argument someone can have against this is to not have swag at all.
My topic is about my nails. I chose this topic because my nails are something that I can really describe and the reader will be entertained. My audience is anyone who gets their nails done. The strongest point in my essay is my beginning because I use alot of descriptive words to describe my nails.I really don't know if someone can make an argument???????
ReplyDeleteGeneria Vaughn
My topic is about the Mac vs PCs.After hearing numerous debates regarding the Mac vs the PC,(from sources such as the media,blogs,associates and the internet)I decided to do research to draw my own conclusion.My intended audience is buisness people,my peers,parents,etc.I am trying to convience PC users that the Mac can be easily utilized for office applications such as:microsoft word,excell,powerpoint presentations and access applications..;oppose to the thought of that the Mac can only be used for graphic design,movie editing and visual effects.This is the strongest point becauseits been a major debate that the Mac are not compadible with most microsoft office applications or window programs.One may ask :If the Mac is better than the Pc,why do most corporate buisnesses use PCs as oppose to Macs
ReplyDeleteCharissa Carroll
ReplyDeleteMy topic is that my attitude about life is better.
I choose this because i realized that I stand out from the crowd when it comes to the way I see things.
My intended audience would have to be my friends who attitudes are total opposites from mine.
My strongest point is the fact that I am very positive. This is a strong point because, my positiveness helps to touch others lives and not miss out on oppurtunites.
You don't always have to be positive to touch peoples lives and seize open doors.
Christine Baker
ReplyDelete- My topic is about two circus clowns and their companies, who compete against each other to prove who's better. I chose this topic because I thought it would be a random and funny topic to write about.
- My audience is directed toward everyone both young and old. In my paper I am trying to convince future customers that my clown service is better than my rival, Clown Tastic.
- The strongest point in my paper would have to be my behavior point. The reason why is because it really emphasizes the difference between my clown Bebo and my rivals clown Calufus.
- A person could argue that the tricks my clown performs are not really spectacular and that his or her could do tricks that are better.
Cathy Baker
ReplyDelete-The topic I decided to choose was my cloud is better than your cloud. I thought this would be a fun, humorous,and random topic that anyone could enjoy.
-My intended audience is everyone. My paper is to basically convince everyone that my cloud is better than my neighbors.
-I would have to say that the tricks and weather aspects about my cloud are the strongest points in my essay. I believe people can really relate to these points.
-On the other hand, someone could argue against one of my points by saying their cloud can do better tricks than mine.